Please Help! We are sorry for the iconvenience windows was unable...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blue3325

:(Please keep in mind that I am not knowledgeable about computers. also I am not sure if this is posted in the right spot so sorry if it isn't.

About a week ago I was trying to download google chrome onto my home windows xp computer. The computer froze right before it was able to finish so I was forced to shut down the computer. When I tried to start up the computer again it would start to boot up and then after a little while(less than a minute) it would automatically shut down again. The screen says something like "we are sorry for the inconvenience windows was unable to start successfully...due to a change in software or hardware...?" and then it asks me to select a prompt like go into safe mode, start from last known working configurations, and start normally. All the while the screen is counting down from thirty seconds. I tried going into safe mode but it just starts normally no matter what prompt I choose(not even restartig from last known working configurations). After that it shuts down starts again shuts down and starts again in a continuous pattern until i manually turn it off.please I need a solution to this problem that lets me keep all the things I have saved on the computer(I was stupid and did not back-up anything). A working computer is vital to my school work so please any reply is appreciated.

Before you do anything else, I suggest you back up your critical data now.

Here is how.

Method 1

1. Remove the hard drive from the PC or Laptop, put the hard drive in a suitable external USB hard drive enclosure.

2. Connect the enclosure to another PC to copy you important data to another location.

Method 2

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

After your data is safe do a repair of XP

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-repair-Windows-XP-t138.html

Are you able to go to "Safe Mode"
When the system boots after BIOS screen continuously press F8.

A screen will be displayed were you can choose to go to the SAFE MODE

First check this

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online