1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Please help with an Adwcleaner quarantine question.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Closed100, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Closed100

Closed100 Account Closed Thread Starter

Hi and good evening. I recently somehow picked up a PUP.CrossRider.Heuristics infection on my computer. I ran a Adwcleaner scan and it says it's been quarantined, but then when I ran Adwcleaner again right after that it still shows up in the results. Does that mean because it's been quarantined it's no longer a threat to my machine? I also ran malwarebytes but it didn't come up with anything. I greatly appreciate your help and admire your knowledge. Whoever can help me will receive a token of appreciation.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4085 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 584 GB (521 GB Free); D: 11 GB (2 GB Free);
    Motherboard: MSI, Boston
    Antivirus: Norton Security, Enabled and Updated

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice