Please help with email problem!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

striker_29

Hello guys, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. My girlfriends computer just started having a problem sending email. She can receive email fine, but when she tries to send an email she gets an error message "550 Relaying mail to AOL.com is not allowed" and the mail is not sent. The Os is windows 2000 professional, and her email client is the free version of incredimail. Her email provider is bellsouth, so I'm not sure why this aol message keeps popping up. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? I worked on it for an hour or so, and googled it, but I cant get it to work, please help!!! Tia...Mark

I am not very familiar with incredimail, but this are the basics for all mail clients

Check the configuration for your POP (incoming) and SMTP (outgoing) servers. Probably the SMTP is wrong configured. If you do not know which are them, your ISP can provide them. They can tell yo also if it is needed the SPA (secure password authentication) to be enabled as well.

Check if there is any AOL account set up on the mail client, if it is not used, just delete it.

The relaying message is clear, you need to be connected to the same ISP whose email server you wish to send through.

It sounds like she is connecting to Bell South but attempting to email using AoL SMTP server settings.

striker_29

Ok thanks guys. Actually they were attempting to switch internet providers when this occured, but it was not aol it was some local company. After the "techs" from that co left, her email stopped working. I dont see any reference to aol anywhere though (other than that error message), all email settings (mail sever, ip, etc) are still pointed at bellsouth so I'm not sure exactly what these guys did. I will keep looking, any other ideas are welcome as well. Thanks again...Mark

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts