1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PLEASE HELP with my annoying problem!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by starwars00, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. starwars00

starwars00 Thread Starter

Hello, I have a relaively new computer- but cannot really return it. It is an HP PC that is only showing BLUE AND YELLOW and in the display properties under the true color the spectrum only shows blue and yellow- no red no nothing. PLease help cuz all things like web pages and stuff is in one color and is VERY ANNOYING!!!

2. Nick Scott

Nick Scott

Check out the thread "major problems with system restore".

Anything there look familiar? :)

Try out a few of the suggestions, and if they don't work, come back and give us a few more details of what is in your system and what you have done to try to resolve the problem.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I especially want to know if only blue and yellow display in Safe Mode -- something sybermom has yet to tell us. This is necessary to determine if it is a video card/driver problem. Safe Mode should bypass the installed video drivers.

(man what a weird coincidence, makes you wonder if it's a virus :rolleyes:

4. Nick Scott

Nick Scott

Suspicious isn't it. However, I have spent the last two weeks of my life fighting viruses at work and haven't come across anything even remotely resembling this set of symptoms.

BTW watch out for maldal (aka reeezak) just found in the wild 19/12 cos if you let the vbs script loose on your system you can kiss goodbye to a day of your life formatting and reinstalling your OS and all your apps. Update your AV defs to post 19/12 NOW!!

5. starwars00

starwars00 Thread Starter

I updated the system and the system jsut botched more apps like my cable modem was screwed up and the color still is blue and yellow under the true color spectrum the colors are still blue and yellow...ANY MORE ADVICE would help!!thanks

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Do you have another monitor you can try? I'm leaning strongly to the conclusion that this is a monitor hardware problem.

Also you have not indicated whether you get the missing color(s) in safe mode. To start in safe mode, press and hold the ctrl key when the computer begins booting until the "startup menu" appears. Then select safe mode. If Win95 is installed, tap the f8 key repeatedly instead.

7. eandre

eandre

This really looks like a monitor problem. Monitors operate on the Primary colors (Red Green Blue... RGB) and if you are not seeing Red then the Red Gun on your monitor may not functioning.

8. weatherman436

weatherman436

What microsoft windows version are you running? It could be your monitor is bad. Take it back.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice