1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help with my Faulty XP Pro Installation.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by creativeimages, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creativeimages

creativeimages Thread Starter

Boiling down a problem to the simplest, single issue – my XP professional installation is not correctly installed and is not working correctly. The causes of this situation are faulty tech support, multiple repairs and fixes – almost all made thing worse.

Both Microsoft auto update and Windows Live OneCare state there is an important security update that needs to be installed. When I allow auto update or OneCare to perform the update – it fails. The error messages are as follows:

1. Security Update For Microsoft XML Core Service 4.0 Service Pack2 (kb936181 or kb916281) not installed.
    2. Security Update For Cumulative Security Update Internet Explorer for Windows XP (kb936181) not installed.

What is the problem? What should be done? Why?

Thank you.

CreativeImages

2. Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

3. creativeimages

creativeimages Thread Starter

When I read the instructions, they state I must supply the paths:

"Save the document with the file name RemoteFile.wsf. When you run the RemoteTest.wsf file, the computer connects to the remote server and runs RemoteFile.wsf. Note that to connect to the remote server, you must supply both the path to the file and the server information."

I do not not what or why to do? Can you help me?

Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/621046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice