Please help with net problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

patti9

I hope someone can help with a problem i've got. Every time i log on to the net i get messages which say 'you have just ignored an incoming call' and then i get cut off and have to log on again. It's a real drag especially when in the middle of a download. I have asked my isp provider about it and they suggested i change my moden settings from V92 to V90 whichi did, but it is still happening. I am running windows XP p4 multimedia (if that helps)? Any one else experience this? I hope someone can help

Thanks patti

Might it be something like the autoupdate function? Try disabling it and see if that helps.
start - settings - control panel - automatic updates - tick the I will update my computer manually option

dai

have you a program installed that notifies or allows you to receive calls while on the net that is mean't for a dsl connection
try unplugging other phones on the line while you are on the net

patti9

thanks for your replies, i have'nt got anything programmed(that i am aware of) and all the phone lines are unplugged (only have one main one)

patti

patti9

I have just read your reply, Please bear with me on this because i have not been using the net for long and am not sure about some things as i'm sure you can appreciate. Where and how do i find out about your suggestion, control panel under modem? and what do i look for and do. Thank you for helping me i am very grateful. Patti

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts