1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help with overclocking q9450 on an Asus P5N-D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RussianBear22, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RussianBear22

RussianBear22 Thread Starter

Hello, I am new here and was wondering if you could help me out with the problem I am having. I have a p5n-d (750sli) board. I am running gtx 275 sli and I just got the q9450 as an upgrade from E5300 clocked to 3.3mhz. So far I had no luck at running at anything but the stock speed. I have tried many different set ups that people have tried on the forums and nothing has been succesfull. I have 8gb DDR2 Ram. If you know what to do please help. Here or some options
    Vcore - ?
    Dram Voltage - ?
    HT Voltage- ?
    NB Chipset Voltage- ?
    SB Chipset Voltage- ?
    FSB Memory clock mode - ? (tried linked most of the time)
    Memory Ratio - ? (tried 1 to 1 and sync)
    Do I do anything in the chipset options?

Thanks for your help

PS. I have just tried
    Vcore - 1.32500
    Dram Voltage - 1.910
    HT Voltage- 1.32
    NB Chipset Voltage- 1.40
    SB Chipset Voltage- Auto
    FSB Memory clock mode - Unlinked (1600 for FSB and 800 RAM)
    Memory Ratio 1 to 1
    I also disabled all the CPU options where Multiplier is and I put 5-5-5-15 ram setting in the chipset menu

ALL I GOT WAS BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, first of all there is no guarantee that you are going to be able to overclock. Just because someone else was able to get XXX out of a given cpu does not mean you are going to be able to duplicate that result.

Next it would help if you posted your exact system specs. The board and cpu you have already posted however we have no idea what pw supply you have, what ram is installed, etc.

Next and most important, have you read the guide at the top of the forum regarding overclocking?

Remember the first rule of overclocking. Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace. There is NO safe overclock; that is why it voids any warranty.

Post back with your exact system specs and we can try and help you.

3. RussianBear22

RussianBear22 Thread Starter

Windows 7 64bit Home Edition
    Q9450 CPU
    GTX 275 SLI
    P5N-D Mother Board
    Corsair TX 950 non modular PSU
    Antec 902 Case
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler
    DDR2 8gb of RAM running at 667.0 MHz according to system info from 3d vantage test software.
    Temps are running around 50 on idle and 62 on load. However one Core seems to get all the way to 70 under full load.

I have a feeling that I am doing something wrong with my RAM settings.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice