1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help with power supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nhquereshi, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhquereshi

nhquereshi Thread Starter

I am trying to build a computer form old/used parts that I already have. I am not buying anything new. I have doubts about the power supply if it would be enough/just enough for the intended computer. So please help me and let me know if the power supply will do the job. Most of the time the computer will do browsing and very basic computing jobs but I will also play some older games on it. Not really serious gaming just occasional. Please help . tia.

The power supply is generic 300W 20 pin

The intended computer will have
    k8v motherboard socket 754
    amd athlon 3000+
    512+512 =1024 mb pc3200 memory
    30 gb seagate 7200 rpm hard drive
    20 gb seagate 7200 rpm hard drive
    samsung cdrw
    radeon 9550 agp 128 128 bits graphic card
    lan card surecom 10/100
    occasional flash drive

Following are the specifications of the power supply which I am copying from the label of the power supply.

SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY MODEL ATX-300W-P1V

INPUT AC

VOLTAGE 230V/115V

CURRENT 7A/4A

FREQUENCY 50~60HZ

DC OUTPUT MAX

ORANGE 3.3V 14A

RED +5V 20A

YELLOW +12V 12A

WHITE -5V 0.5A

BLUE -12V 0.5A

PURPLE 5VSb 2.0A

GRAY P/G OK

CAUTION +3.3V AND +5V COMBINED POWER MAX 125W

2. 1stoptek

1stoptek

I would definitely step it up a notch. A 300watt power supply could easily have problems with all of the equipment. Every motherboard has a recommend minimum wattage and with every piece of equipment that you install, more is needed. I would suggest at least a 400watt power supply, but look at the specs of the motherboard first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice