Please help with router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NewGuyHere

I need some help finding out what router (model or anything) am i using, since i have no manuals or anything whatsoever. Is it possible to find it out ?

If it is a Linksys, they are usually blue and grey with Linksys written across the front, D-Links are silver boxes with D-Link written on top

Those are the two major companies, you may have something else.

Try typing "192.168.1.1" into an Internet Explorer window and when it asks for a username and a login, reply here with what it says in that window that you are connecting to, which is usually the model number for the router.

For example, here is mine.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I don't believe it's going to tell you about a router.

NewGuyHere

Well, it's more complicated then it seems. You see, my ISP is puts me through a router, i'm pretty sure of that. But i only have a modem (Lancity) in my home. So i need to know, is there any way to know what router am i put through. I've tried many 192.168.xxx.xxx ips, but none of them work.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Who is your ISP? I've never heard of such a thing, although I imagine it could be possible. If they are using a router, I doubt the address would be anywhere near the 192.168.XX area though, as those would be the numbers on your side.

What is it that you are trying to do anyway?

NewGuyHere

I'm trying to use a program called eMule. It's giving me a LowId because some important ports are blocked. My firewall's configured properly, so that means i must forward those ports. Too bad i don't know how to find/connect to the router.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Unfortunately, we can't help with that as programs like that are against the forum rules.

I will have to close the thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online