1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help With Sonic Record Now!!!!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ab0919, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ab0919

ab0919 Thread Starter

I Purchased A Compaq Presario That Came Preinstalled With Sonic Record Now. (i Almost Forgot Windows Xp Service Pack 2). This Computer Is Five Months Old, And I Have Previously Used The Burner To Make Audio Cd's With No Problems. I Recently Attempted To Burn All Of My Family Photos Onto A Disk, And No Matter What I Do It Will Not Burn The Photos, It Will Also Not Burn Any Type Of Document, And It Appears It Will Now Not Burn Audio Cd's Either. I Followed The Compaq Trouble Shooter All The Way Through With No Success, I Followed The Sonic Web Sites Troubleshooter All The Way Through Again Nothing. When I Hit Burn, I Originally Got The Opening Drive Saying To Insert A Blank Disk Even Though There Was A Blank Disk Ready To Record Each Time, Eventually It Started To Attempt A Burn, To Which I Got A Error Message That Said Unspecified? After No Success With This Program I Downloaded A Freeware Program Called Cdburnerxp Pro Which Would Start To Burn The Photos, And After Two Or Three Minutes It Would Come Back And Say Burn Failure. I Am At A Loss? The Drive Has Barely Been Used, So Shouldn't Be Dirty At All Yet? I'm Willing To Try Anything? Also, I'm Constantly Downloading And Installing New Software, But I Couldn't Say If I Had Any Time Around When It Quit Working? Could My Burner Actually Be Broken? It Still Plays Dvds And Cd's Fine But Won't Burn Anything. Anyway, I'd Sure Appreciate Any Help Or Ideas Please Feel Free To Email Me! Thanks Alot!

2. kkaayy

kkaayy

I'm having the exact same trouble-it was fine until just recently> Has anyone been able to help you?

3. valis

valis Moderator

reco posting a hijack this log....

4. ab0919

ab0919 Thread Starter

yes, i found help at the hewlitt packard home page in their live chat session, they guided me through some tests ran with programs that came with my computer, and were able to determine that my cd burner is ruined, apparantly it must be a pretty common problem, as they had a box shipped to me within two days so i could ship it in for replacement, I WILL PASTE THE ADDRESS OF THE PAGE I GOT HELP ON HERE, ALSO, DON'T GO THERE WITHOUT A COUPLE OF HOURS, YOU HAVE TO RESTART COMPUTER IN BETWEEN THE MANY TESTS THEY MAKE YOU RUN BEFORE THEY WILL REPAIR IT. best of luck to you here is the address

http://ipgweb.cce.hp.com/psgna/caller/chat.asp

let me know if yours was broken too now i'm curious!

5. kkaayy

kkaayy

thanks for giving me an option to try-will attempt this in the next couple of days-when it is my turn on the computer:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/405273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice