1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help with Win XP PRO Start up problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Benny279, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benny279

Benny279 Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I wonder if any of you clever people can help me with Windows XP Pro start up error problems?

It is a brand new system, bought from a company in the UK in June this year.
    BTW the PC cost me £ 1,800.00 without a monitor. I kept my old Taxan one.

I have had problems with it from the start. I gave up speaking to the companies help desk, and decided to take it to a repairer a
    couple of weeks ago. He said that it was set up for optimal performance, and all the data that I had put on the PC wont be
    able to be saved because of the way the PC was configured. Ok I thought, lets just get the thing working properly.

I believe that the shop loaded in all new drivers for Motherboard BIOS, ATI Radeon 9800 PRO Graphics card the drivers are
    6.14.10.6378, Direct x 9b, These are the drivers for the CPU = 5.1.2535.0,and sound card etc.

But since I have had the PC back it has been causing me still more problems. I only have 2 games on there and both crash out
    quite often. But the worst part is the start up error screens that I keep getting. What happens is that the PC boots up, and
    when it gets to the log on screen, it will go to a BSOD with all the writing. It only lasts a split second so I for the last
    two days have taken a digital picture, and I have written down the messages below.

As you probably realize I am not much of an expert, so I hope that I have got all the info you need.

Here is my equipment. AMD Athlon XP 3200+, Asus NForce 2 Delux A7N8X Motherboard, Windows XP PRO with Service Pack 1, Twin Maxtor 120GB Serial ATA HDD, 512MB DDR PC 3200 Memory ( 2x256), 350W PSU,16xDVD-ROM MSI Model, Sony DW-U10A DVD Rewriter, Radeon 128MB DDR 9800 PRO Graphics card, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card.

PLEASE Help !! :) TNX...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the error message I had yesterday the 5th October, it took 3 times to work ok:-

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart you computer. If this screen appears again, follow

these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check

with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need

to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and

then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E ( 0xC0000005,0xBF8851EA, 0xB25FAB2C,0x00000000 )

*** win32k.sys - Address BF8851EA base at BF800000, DateStamp 3db6d462

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the one from today the 6th October, it took 2 reboots to work ok:-

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart you computer. If this screen appears again, follow

these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check

with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need

to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and

then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E ( 0xC0000005, 0x80608BDE,0xB226ABE8,0x00000000 )

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
    assistance.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Firstly, go into Control Panel - System - Advanced - Startup and Recovery - Settings

Untick the option that forces a restart on error, then you will easily see the error codes.

Next, take 1 stick of RAM out, and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, swap the sticks over.

Faulty RAM would be the most likely cause of a STOP 8E error and should be eliminated first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice