1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by almojacar, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. almojacar

almojacar Thread Starter

I am a member of a program that has re-designed their web page. It is now back on line and members are able to log in.
    When I attempt to log in, I get a message displayed "the use of a proxy is prohibited". and can not log in.
    I have checked my internet connection option and the lan setting box to allow proxy settings is not ticked, which means that I am not using a proxy.
    I have cleared all browser history, cookies, cache.
    Any ideas ?
    Please advise.

2. foxidrive

foxidrive Banned

The web site must have a list if IP addresses from HTTP proxy web servers and your IP address is being miscatagorised as one of these. You can contact the admin of the web site and tell them who your ISP is and ask them to remove your IP address from the blocked range.

This assumes you are not using a HTTP web proxy by choice, but you would know if you were doing that.

3. almojacar

almojacar Thread Starter

Thank you for your response.
    The admin is on the program's facebook page, so I will pass on your suggestion. Hopefully it will fix my problem.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You are using IE or one of the other browsers that use the same proxy settings, right?

5. almojacar

almojacar Thread Starter

Thank you for your response.
    The admin is on the program's facebook page, so I will pass on your suggestion. Hopefully it will fix my problem.

6. almojacar

almojacar Thread Starter

I am using Google Chrome

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I think, but am not sure, that Chrome uses the same settings. Make a quick check by testing with IE.

8. almojacar

almojacar Thread Starter

The option settings are all the same. Have tried to log in using IE and still get the same "proxy" message. Not had a reply from site admin yet.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice