Please help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

albertwindoloski

Hello everyone. I know a little bit about computers, but I am having an issue that I have never encountered before. I'm new to this web sight and I hope there is someone who can assist me with the problem that I am having. I have a Dell desktop computer. It's only a basic computer, nothing special, but still important to me. The computer was unplugged during a shutdown process. Now when I start my computer up, It tries to repair my computer but it wont work. The error that shows up says that it cant find the loaded driver that is required to start windows. So i also tried to reinstall windows 7 home premium, I click on install then it asks me if i want to upgrade on install. I click on install again, then it brings me to a window that displays drivers. one is the primary hard drive and the other is a system reserve, or thats what I should be seeing. However when I get to this screen, it does not display anything for a driver at all. What do I do to solve this issue. Somebody please help.

Boot the PC, when it tells you to perform startup repair, do so. Then when it fails, it should provide a choice for you to perform a system restore to an earlier date. Try that.

albertwindoloski

Unfortanatly I dont have a restore point saved on that computer. I did try that though. Any other suggestions, I've been working on this all day and I still cant figure out anything..

dai

run dell diagnostics and see if it picks anything up

can you access safe mode

tap f8 when booting and from the boot options try

last known good configuration

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

model of the computer ?

albertwindoloski

I did try last known good configuration and that didnt work. any other information is welcome. If you need to know more about the desktop, let me know.

albertwindoloski

Yeah your right. My desktop is an Emachines and my monitor is a dell. I ran the DOS diagnostic utility and there were no errors. For some reason windows 7 installation just isnt any of the drives. It asks me to load the drives that contain the installation media. It notes that it can be a USB, floppy, or a disk. How do I get windows installation to read the drives?

albertwindoloski

Its not the hardware because I have unplugged everything then plugged everything back in and made sure everything was connected securely.

Your hard drive may be failing. Reboot the computer and go into BIOS. See if the BIOS recognizes the existence of your hard drive.

As you have already figured out, you don't have a Dell machine, you have an eMachines PC.
You also don't have a desktop, you have a laptop.

As for "How to do a system recovery on an emachine"
Here, in case you don't know that the above is a link, are the steps copied from that website.
  1. Turn on or reboot/restart the computer.
  2. Tap the F11 key repeatedly when the eMachine logo appears on the screen. This must be done before your operating system begins to load. If you see the Windows logo appear on screen, you'll have to restart and try again.
  3. Select "Next" and then click the "Repair Your Computer" option.
  4. Click "Next" and then choose the appropriate operating system from the list of available choices. Click "Next" and then select "Load Drivers."
  5. Choose the "Complete PC Restore" option and then click "Restore the following backup (recommended)." Choose "Next."
  6. Select "Finish." Click the check box labeled "I confirm that I want to erase all existing data and restore the backup." Choose "OK" to begin the recovery program.
  7. Follow the operating system prompts that appear on the screen to create a new user profile and set your time zone information.
* Press Tab or Del while the eMachine logo displays on screen.
* Other eMachine computers may use F2 to enter BIOS.

Warning: In most cases, resetting computer to factory defaults erases everything that is stored in drive C.

dai

check the hard drive is being seen by the bios

if it is set sata to be seen as ide in the bios,then windows will see it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online