1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by thadon, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thadon

thadon Thread Starter

ok this is what happened... i got some dvd ripping sofware.. i ripp a dvd.. about 75% through process i decide to quit... i deelete all .vob files all program files and i uninstall everything for that program.. but im still left 4 giigs over what i used to have on my HDD.. it used to be 8 or approx around there now its 12. sompething.. could the registry be 4 gigs? please help me i need/want that space back

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

A ripped DVD is not only illegal, but also 3 gigs, minimum.

3. thadon

thadon Thread Starter

but i deleted the 4 giggs off my computer

but something is still using 4 giggs up

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Ohh, I see.
    There may be file fragments left over from deleting 75% through. You should have completed it, then deleted the file.
    First go to Find Files, go under the Date tab, and set everything up so it will list all files created on the day you did the DVD rip.

If the video is in lost file fragments, you can run a scan disk, convert them to files, and then delete.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice