1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noct3rn4l, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. noct3rn4l

noct3rn4l It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

..I just built a new computer.. Specs:leadtek k7ncr18d motherboard, 512mb pc3200 ddr,geforce3,80gb 8mb cache hd. just finished putting it together last night and after i formatted and installed windows everything was going fine until i wanted to restart, id go to start>shutdown>restart and computer would exit out of windows and go black but no boot back up, i can manually restart but thats fairly annoying. i also seem to freeze if i play a game, like counter strike, i freeze within 5-10mins. im not quite sure what the problem is, i thought maybe vid card, jumpers, or other? but please help

aim:noct3rn4L
    hotmail:[email protected]

2. dud

dud Guest

What sound card are you using?? If it's a pci one it might need moving into a different slot.
    Have u got the latest vid card drivers??

:cool:

3. noct3rn4l

noct3rn4l It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

yes i have latest vid card drivers, 41.09 sound is onboard

4. NiTRO-[X]

NiTRO-[X]

What operating system are you using? When you finished assembling your PC, you installed the OS and I am sure you installed some other softwares. Try uninstalling the softwares one by one and everytime you uninstall a software restart and try running CS. I'm not sure if this will work but it worked for me sometime ago. But if its the jumper settings is what you suspect, try the bios. Some bios come with some diagnostic tools. Let me know if it worked and if there's anything else I'm ready to help. Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice