1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beeperdo, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beeperdo

beeperdo Thread Starter

Obviously I know very little about computers so please answer in understandable terms. On my desk top computer monitor I have both a VGA and HDMI port, however on the computer I only have one VGA port and no HDMI at all. I'm thinking HDMI would give me a better picture, but how to do this? I have bought adapters but that really doesn't help or improve the picture. Right now I am using a standard VGA cable.
    Is there a plug in device I can plug into the VGA port on the computer and then connect the HDMI cable? Help and suggestions appreciated.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You can get adapters that will convert VGA to HDMI but there's no point because the picture quality will not improve.

3. 123Zbyniek

123Zbyniek

What monitor model (what resolution)?
    Desktop computer - what graphics card model? If you want to take advantage of the monitor's features, you may consider changing the graphics card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice