1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by albertico, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. albertico

albertico Thread Starter

Can anyone help me with my PA system? I had a problem with compu a while back and this site was wonderful thank you. Howvever right now I am in dire straits please help me somebody re PA / Mixer
    thank you
    alberto

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

What kind of dire straits are you in ???

Can you post the problem ???

I'm not real good on PA Systems...but if you post the problem maybe someone else will be able to help...

3. albertico

albertico Thread Starter

Sure Jedi,
    PA not working. When I turn it on, the power light is extremely dim and no sound is produced. The speakers buzz a tad upon turning it on. so..no sound pa not working
    ALberto

4. albertico

albertico Thread Starter

PA SYSTEM not working. All of a sudden power light is extremely dim and it produces no sound. When I turn it on, the speakers buzz a tad but that's it. PLease help someone
    Thank you,
    Alberto

5. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Hmmm...

What kind of PA System is this ??

Sounds like something is going on with the power supplied, or maybe ( scratches head ) a dead short somewhere...

Hmmm...

Thinking again...without knowing the type of PA system you have, and not looking at the diagrams...at a guess, you have a short to ground from one of the Pre Amps of the sound output ( or maybe even the actual sound output )....

But that's only a guess...

With out knowing what is actually going on, it could also be a dead short on the input as well...

6. albertico

albertico Thread Starter

Jedi, help me help you.
    what do you need to know?
    do you have msn chat so we can chat more effectivly? if not I would be more than happy to pay for a long distance phone call if you can help me
    thanks you
    Alberto

7. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Hmmm...If what I think is going on...a long distance call isn't going to help...

I don't have any type of chat, nor do I want one...no offence...

Your problem my friend, needs a tech on site, or for you to to take the PA to a tech...

IMHO...what you have with this system is a burned out component, or maybe a fuse ( you haven't supplied a model # for this PA system so I can check ) or a transistor...

Or like I said it could be as simple as an input problem, what I would suggest is test the PA with a different input...

8. albertico

albertico Thread Starter

ok, the model number is PEAVEY 300EH, power is 500 watt.
    It says 120 VAC, 60 HZ
    there are 2, 250 amp fuses inside which are good.
    the encased 5 amp fuse is also ok. (i think, it has the white cover on it, but I got it tested)
    thanks,
    Alberto

9. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Sounds like the power supply to the PA system (whatever make and model it is) may have failed or is in an extreme overload condition due to a failure of another component in the amplifier.

It is important that you do not allow it to be turned on for long in that condition, because if the power supply is overloaded due to a failed amplifier component, it could also then cause expensive damage to more components.

There is simply no way we can help diagnose beyond this point as we do not know anything about the actual PA system. It could be one of thousands of different types and be suffering from a failure of any one or more of a hundred different components..

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice