1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by irishlass, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. irishlass

irishlass Thread Starter

Hi my mate was using my pc dont know what she done when i put it on it says
    missing operating system and at the top of the screen it states pri-master none can anyone help

2. idowindows

idowindows

Your computer is not acknowledging that it has indeed a hard drive. I take it it has not been removed? Was the pc bumped or moved or dropped? Go into the bios and see if it acknowledges the hard drive is there - let us know...

3. irishlass

irishlass Thread Starter

Hi when i go into bios it does say there is a hard drive and pc wasnt moved or knocked and wasnt removed i was working she did say a virus came in the pc shutdown she tried to re boot with wndows xp i dont know what she done but that is the way she left the pc

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You need to start by downloading the disk manufacturer's diagnostic and see if it can access the drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice