1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hooters, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hooters

hooters Thread Starter

First off Im not very comp' savvy but here goes:

Problem: Everytime I try and download a file from the internet windows tells
    me that my internet is shutting down and promptly closes the browser thus forcing
    me to start the internet up again, now what makes this even more annoying is that
    although it will look for windows automated updates and then download and install, when I went to the microsoft download center and tried to update my DirectX it closes my internet connection and this is after ive gone through their 'validation process' What the???

I checked a couple of other sites for downloads and got the same response. I also threw
    the dice and reduced my security levels slightly but still nothing. So the prob in a nutshell
    is I cannot download squat but it will do automatic updates. Is it Vista or a security setting?
    or possibly something to do with my ISP (SKY broadband Mid)

Im at a complete loss

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice