1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cpl_Divine, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cpl_Divine

Cpl_Divine Thread Starter

I will liste the specs of the computer first.

OS= vista home basic
    graphics= 7800 gt bfg
    ram 2 g ddr2 corsair
    hard drive 7200 rpm 250g WD
    processor pentium D 3 gig
    on board sound
    2 pioneer dvd burners.
    motherboard is asus p5ld2 delux

Ok the problem occurs randomly when it boots up. The screen will look like how the old nintendos did when you had dust in it if anyone remembers that problem. It has like colors all over the screen, dot, lines, just a bunch of random stuff that makes it look like it might just need cleaned. I have taken it apart 3 times and cleaned everything out of it. Reninstalled all the parts and the problem still occurs.

I have used dust cleaners and made sure to take everything apart. Nothing seems to work. The only thing I can think of is that I am using an adapter to connect the vga monitor to the dvi port. Dont think that would cause it but meh. Thanks for any advice.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Display adapter. Check that it is well-seated. Then, try updating or changing the driver. But it sounds like the problem occurs before the driver loads, so check the physical connections and clean them first of all.

3. Cpl_Divine

Cpl_Divine Thread Starter

I took everything apart and cleaned it all, yet the problem still occurs. I have also taken out the video card and put it back in making sure it is seated correctly. I am at a complete loss on this one. It just doesnt make sense that its doing this. I installed it into my good computer and there weren't any issues at all with it.

Any chance it could just be that mobo and graphics card dont like each other?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Any chance of trying a different card?

Try settings BIOS to default.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699421

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice