1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please: how do I copy (in VB) only data and not cell formulas and such

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by newnew, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newnew

newnew Thread Starter

Hi Again everyone;

May I please ask for some additional help.

I wish to copy data (not cell formulas) from F115:K115.
    I am "trying" to use the following VB formula;

Range(Range("("f115"), Range("f115").end(xltoRight)).Copy Range ("J10")

Actually, the above VB formula copies and puts something into the 7 cells to the right of J10, but it's all gibberish.

I see that I am copying a mish-mash of cell references and so forth, and not 'just' that data (the values) which are in these cells.

Would someone please tell me how to copy 'only' the values which are in cells (F115:K115) ...
    Oh yes, the values in these cells (F115: K115) keeps changing (as I want it to do) but the data does remain in these cell locations.

As always, thank you for your help.
    J.

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi J,
    I assume you are talking about VBa and Excel (version (?))
    If you want to copy a range of cells just do that.

You could even record the macro and see what it does.

Range("F115:K115").Copy
    Range("J10")..PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

You select the rannge you want to copy and then select the first cell in the target range and paste

Hope this helps, if not, I suggest you put some more information in your post, you know, we are quite good at helping but guessing and asuming, that's quite a different matter :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice