please insert correct disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sh1ftelliott

Ok I am having a problem with my DVD-RW drive. When I try to burn files onto a dvd it asks me to put in a dvd. The computer doesn't even read the dvd that I have in there. I have no idea about drive stuff so I have absolutely no idea what I should even be looking for. thanks for the help!

Have you tried cleaning the DVD-RW drive? If it is bnew drive try using another type of DVD (not the cheaper ones), also it is possibly that you have a corrupted driver try uninstalling the DVD-RW from the device manager then restart your computer Windows will automatically install the driver for your DVD-RW drive.

sh1ftelliott

ok I am a noob with all kinds of drivers so where would I find which drive i uninstall?

You need to go into device manager to uninstall your drive.

Right click on MY COMPUTER icon, left click properties > hardware tab> Device Manager

This will open your device manager in windows XP. Now look for DVD/CD rom drives and double click on those words or click on the little plus sign to the left of it. This will open up and show you what drives you do have.

You can right click on the drive name and click on uninstall. Simply just reboot your computer and windows will find your drive again.

Also have you burnt a DVD with this drive in the past? And are you sure is a DVD reader AND writer?

Also does your DVD Burner write both -R and +R disks? If you dont know the answer you can relpy to us what the name/model number it said in your device manager.

Good Luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online