1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please link to TSG!

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by TechGuy, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ciberblade

Ciberblade Retired Moderator

The answer ;)

If you set the 'alt' tag and the 'title' tag to different values -- the title tag has the highest hierarchy.

In short -- if you use the 'title' tag -- you will have the same result across browser types.
    :cool:

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Mike Administrator Thread Starter

Looks great, guys! Good information re Title. I believe it's still part of the HTML standard to use ALT tags for those with screen-readers, etc... but it's nice to know that you can use TITLE if you want the hover to work.

3. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

4. TechGuy

Wow, Dave -- I forgot all about that linkable image! You must have put that there a while ago. THANKS! :)

Edit: Just looked through your photos. Looks great! (y)

5. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

Any time Bro, ya probably from day1 .............................:cool:

6. uly7

uly7

Hola TechGuy
    I put a link in my website since the beginning, (Last year)

I have a question 4you.
    Is the money that I send to you a year subscription?
    Because, and I just got a remainder about sending some money to your website --if I want to have no adds--(?)

Just asking. :D

Sincerely
    Uly7

7. TechGuy

Any money you donate over $20 adds a year to your time with no-ads... but only if you remember to include your username! Since we don't ask for real names when you sign up, I have no way of figuring out who is who if you don't include your username. If you think I missed a donation, just drop me an email at [email protected] and include the method (PayPal, check, direct credit card, etc), the amount, the name it would have come from, and the approximate date so I can try to find you. Thanks!!

8. LitomoSilver

LitomoSilver

I have a FreeWebs site...and I'm not sure if I can or can't link up to yours. Is it ok if I do so? I shouldn't have gotten way outta practice of linking to other websites...but whatever lol. I'll check on FreeWebs' first though, to see if I can and not get expelled for it.

9. southernlady

southernlady

TechGuy, since I've revamped my site and have a forum with a portal using vBadvanced CMPS v1.0.1, I haven't figured out the modules yet. Once I do, I'll link TSG back up again.

Any help figuring out the modules whold be much appreciated...I feel like I'm reading greek again, LOL.

The portal is Southernlady's Portal and none of the links really work to anywhere, :eek: Liz

10. TechGuy

I got your email the other day, Southernlady... I'll try to catch up on messages this weekend, but maybe you already got it figured out?

11. southernlady

southernlady

Actually, I never did but I did a html page instead. It works, and it is nice, it's just not exactly what I was working for. I'm going to wait now for 3.5 to come out and figure it out then. But I did link you (as in TSG forum) to the page cause figuring out html is SO much easier, LOL. Liz

12. gazza

gazza

13. drdrew1469

drdrew1469

Done and done. Under 'Forums' on the 'Links' page. Sorry, no pic though, I'm a freaky minimalist (as you will see if you hit my site). And don't worry about trying to understand anything on it, it's basically a "catch all" so I can empty my brain...

http://home.epix.net/~alamb/

drew

14. treespirit

treespirit

Mine's done too, still have loads of work to do on the site however but I'm getting there slowly. :D

15. cperrywebrat

cperrywebrat

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331194