1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please read BEFORE you install Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by crjdriver, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stevirobbo

stevirobbo

Just got a new pc today an intel i7 with nothing on it, so I installed vista home premium on it as that was at hand, the PC came with all my drivers which I put on. When I got my PC going with the vista operating system, then I added windows 7 ultimate because for some reason I couldn't get the windowns 7 to work before putting the vista on, and obviously because the vista is 32 bit it just slammed the 32 bit windows 7 on top of it with no option for 64 bit.
    now when I installed my drivers everything worked with no need to go online for anything.

so maybe the vista upgrades don't need the drivers (as stated above) only xp

sorry if I am out of depth here but it is my first post ;)

2. lpsfu

lpsfu

If I had a driver problem I would never been able to operate xp pro would I ? On the other hand, where do you put the drivers when you dont have an operating system? I have drivers for my mother board the i945Gm-PILF. the first that happens is to install the operating system . I am sorry that I didnt keep xp pro in there and just use windows 7 to upgrade.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I am closing this now because I think it was meant to be informative, not to try to describe and solve specific problems. If any mod wants to re-open that's fine with me.

For those having problems please start your own new thread.

lpsfu, nice try but your issue was well covered in your thread.

4. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/884768