1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please recommend free scan to pdf software

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by MikiLek, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MikiLek

MikiLek Thread Starter

Hi All,

Could someone recommend free scan to pdf software? I would not to buy it because I don't need it regularly and will be happy with very simple set of functionality.
    To clarify what I need: I have Canon scanner and would like to scan batch of documents into multipage PDF file with just several clicks without complex configuration etc. No need in advanced functionality.

Thank you,
    Miki

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Miki, and welcome to TSG.

Did your scanner some with a software CD? If, so the software package may include a scan to PDF function.

3. MikiLek

MikiLek Thread Starter

Yes, it has some trial software which stamp every page with evaluation picture :(

4. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    That is strange. I purchased a Canon multi-function printer/scanner this summer for home use and it came with a software package CD that included a function that scanned directly to PDF files without any kind of watermark on the pages and without any expiration of the software.

What is the exact model number of the scanner and what operation system are you running on your computer?

5. MikiLek

MikiLek Thread Starter

Hi Chuck,

this is not All-In-One device but flatbed scanner. Probably there were more CDs originality but device is not a new one. My friend gave it to me because he have not used it for several years =) and I have one CD now with some evaluation scanning tool only :(

Thank you for your help!

6. MikiLek

MikiLek Thread Starter

how is your scan tool called? I will try to find it in Internet. It should be available somewhere since it is free.

Thank you,
    Miki

7. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

It would still help for us to know what model scanner you have.

8. Squashman

9. Squashman

10. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    The software for my Canon Pixma MX882 all-in-one is called "Canon Solutions Menu EX" and is available for download from the Canon USA site. That software supports multiple functions, including scanning directly to a PDF output.

Your scanner may need different software and may be available for download from the Canon site for your country.

11. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    If you haven't found the software yet ...
    Anything that can be printed .. Can be printed to a pdf file with the freeware PDFCreator

If it were me .. I'd just print a scan to a pdf file.
    For multiple pages .. They can be assembled with the freeware PDFSam .. (PDF Split and Merge)

May not be as simple as you'd like .. But it's reasonably easy.

12. dimaother

dimaother

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice