1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Recommend Me An Alternative To A Dell XPS 15 Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mike Circuit, Jul 25, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Mike Circuit

Mike Circuit Thread Starter

I'm looking to update my Dell XPS15 Laptop that I've had for 6-7 years now. Looking at the XPS 15's they have now - they are so expensive and you have to pay lots extra for one with 512GB SSD. What is a good alternative? My Dell laptops have always been quite reliable (Didn't break) so looking for good value and performance as well as reliability. I would pay £1,200 max

Thanks much appreciated.

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Just to check: I'm assuming your overall total is VAT-inclusive at 20%?

3. Mike Circuit

Yes VAT inclusive thank you. I could probably strecth to £1300 if I had to.

4. Mike Circuit

Someone please help with this. Thank you.

5. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Sorry, been busy. What do you plan on using the laptop for? General productivity work, gaming, both?

6. Mike Circuit

No problem, thanks for helping. Both I do some programming and some gaming. I want something similar in power to the new Dell XPS 15 with a 500GB SSD. It just seems that is a little overpriced to me. Also a laptop that is reliable and that looks ok. Not too chunky. I don't like how some of the gamer laptops look. They don't look very stylish. Looks aren't a big deal to me overall though.

7. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

How about this Lenovo as an alternative?

8. Mike Circuit

Yes that looks great although the 14 inch screen is too small for me. 15 inch is the smallest I would go. I will have a look to see if they do a similarly-specced 15 inch version. Thanks for your help

9. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

You're welcome (y)

10. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  11. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Have you checked out the Dell UK website and looked under the Outlet section?

https://www.dell.com/uk/dfh/p/?~ck=mn

There are a ton of deals there for scratch and dent, refurb, and units where the order was canceled before it gets shipped. I ordered an XPS 13 from the Dell US outlet. The laptop I got had a refurb sticker on it but you'd be hard pressed to think it wasn't new if I removed the sticker.

I looked on the UK site for XPS 15s and they have some starting at 1300 pounds up to 1370. Also, Dell is running 20% off on all XPS laptops. The coupon code is listed in the outlet section. The great thing about getting a unit from outlet is they all come with a full factory warranty and the ability to return for a refund if you're not satisfied....at least that's how it works in the US.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice