1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Please) Recovery Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by animas, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. animas

animas Thread Starter

I had this error:
    "Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The session manager...."

Then no more windows..only shuts down after that error. My OS winxp sp2 was in Drive C. Then I installed winxp on :C again. But I found it was installed in :D. In :C no more windows is there. Rather some folders like "Recovery", "1386" etc are there. Folder "Recovery" is very big. My importants files were in :D. When I browsed in :D I found newly created and updated files were not there.

How can I recover or see my last created or updated files? Can "Recovery" of :C be any help - how to bring back my last files?

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Well it sounds like Windows did a "clean" install to D -- which means that that drive or partition was formatted prior to the install.

If that's the case -- those files are lost. Have you opened up the "Recovery" folder to see what is there? I don't think Windows created this but if you don't know what's there -- you should check it out.

3. animas

animas Thread Starter

C Drive was not formatted. Recovery folder is around 4 GB, which is the approximate size of my used C Drive spaces before reinstalling. So I guess there should be some way to convert this recovery folder into something original state. Anyone has any idea?

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Are there sub folders in the "Recovery" folder -- can you browse it? You need to verify what is there. No data has been lost if you can copy files from it to the "new" Windows -- although you will have to reinstall programs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice