1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please refresh your browser

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BigFil, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigFil

BigFil Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8191 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 375432 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, FMCP7AM
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

When I open IE11, it opens but I get a ribbon at the top of the display that says "Something happened on our end. Please refresh your browser or close it and sign in again." I included a jpg of it for you. This has been going on for a couple of months now. Usually I click on the Refresh button and it goes away. But I know this is not normal. Let me say that I restored (wiped the hard drive clean and reloaded everything) my computer in November. This problem surfaced a couple of months later. No other problems have been noted, except once in a while IE (for a few weeks, then the problem is resolved for a while) will not record a Bookmark, tells me the driver has timed out. Before restoring the hard drive I had never experienced the "Please refresh your browser" problem. Can you help me?

Attached Files:

2. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

It looks like it's going to Outlook.com. Is that what you have your home page set to? Make sure it's just that and not other stuff in the URL.

Sorry you wiped and reinstalled your computer. This is a browser or web page problem.

Did you try setting your home page to something else like Google.com or Yahoo.com?

3. BigFil

BigFil Thread Starter

4. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Change it to a URL you actually want to load successfully. If you use Outlook.com for your e-mail and want that to load every time you open your web browser, then set the page to http://www.outlook.com. The URL you're using is obviously out of date.

5. renegade600

renegade600

6. BigFil

BigFil Thread Starter

Thank you Tony, thanks renegade.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!