1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Save Me AND My Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Knot Telling, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knot Telling

Knot Telling Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron 4000 Laptop (2 years old) and i'm running Windows 2000 pro.

Recently and randomly (roughly once or twice a day) I get a blue screen with the following message:

***Stop: (various 0000x codes) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED address BFD167CO base at BFD0F000, DateStamp 3c41b122 - es198xdl.sys

Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete. Please contact ....anyone who might be able to help you! (basically)

Since August for various reasons I have HAD to re-formatted this laptop 3!!! times. It breaks my heart everything I do it and I'm desperately hoping someone on here can save me from doing it again.

I have ALL the critical Windows Updates (and fear it might be one of them that has caused it - as it happened the day after I installed the 5 critical security updates 3 days ago). However, the battery for my Dell Laptop died a few months back and i'm only able to run it off the mains. Someone suggested this might be the problem?? Also that it might be a memory problem?? How do you suddenly get a memory problem?? I have very little running on my laptop but REALLY don't want to have to re-format it again (i only re-formatted it a week ago). Is this beyond repair?

You are my last hope. Any help offered would be very gratefully received. Thank you. Knot :)

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

es198xdl.sys is to do with the sound card. Check all the settings to do with it.

3. Knot Telling

Knot Telling Thread Starter

Thank you for that. i'll check that out. that makes sense actually, because my sound has been a bit weird recently - i just never connected the two as being related.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!