1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please tell me how to print out a picture that is to big for one sheet of paper -

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by preacherwife, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. preacherwife

preacherwife Thread Starter

:( Am using a new 2000XP and received a picture in e-mail that is to big to print out on one sheet of paper. Will you tell me how to print it please.

2. bcon76

bcon76 Guest

Do you have Microsoft Word on your computer? If so you can insert the picture in a word document and resize it there. Save the picture to your computer somewhere, open word and a new document, on the menu bar of work click on insert and go to picture on the menu and select "from file". Browse to the location of the picture and open it. Then you can resize by dragging the handles at the corners of the picure in word. Look at print preview on the file menu to see it is correct and print. There should be several other ways to do this depending on what programs you have on your computer. The above is the way I would do it on my computer.

3. Slithy Tove

Slithy Tove Guest

What program (application) are you using to send the picture to the printer ?

4. RandyG

RandyG

Welcome to TSG!:)

There are many types of applications out there that you might be using. As Slithy mentioned, when you open the picture, what is the name of the program you are viewing it in?

In case you are interested, there is a free graphics viewer that you can download, which has many great options. It is called irfanView and can be downloaded at http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/english.htm

If you use this program to open the file, and then print it, you will get a Print window which will enable you to select your Print Size. Best Fit to Page is the one you will want.

5. preacherwife

Hey guys!! Thanks for the replies to my quest. Actually I won't be able to try the suggestions as I am helping a friend, who doesn't know beans about a computer, and I have an appointment to see what I can do on Thursday, the 11th. Wouldn't you know the first question I was asked was to do this task. Thanks to you all, I may be able to keep up the image my husband has portrayed to everyone about my being a 'c' whiz. Will let you know Thursday night how it worked out. Thanks again.:D

6. preacherwife

Hi Guys!! Thanks so much for your help. The first suggestion worked and I printed out 3 beautiful pictures for my friends.
    Appreciate you all. db the preacherwife

7. preacherwife

Hi RandyG, Tried to download the link you suggested and got the "this page cannot be displayed" bit. I will try it again at another time. Thanks. preacherwife

8. RandyG

RandyG

Glad you were able to show your friend how much of a genius you are!:D

The link is working now, but you will find IrfanView , and many sites where you can download, by using any search engine.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!