1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Single Image 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by teachingwiz, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teachingwiz

teachingwiz Thread Starter

I found an expired thread on this subject that was written a few years ago. I followed mastersnoopy's advice and it worked out great to get into my Microsoft Office 2010 programs, but I'm still getting the same message every time I open a specific file such as a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet. I tried to follow the same steps (more or less), but they didn't work out for specific files. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this annoying message when opening MS Office 2010 documents. Thank you!

2. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

This error seems to generally be caused by multiple installations of Office. Generally, a computer that comes with a Trial Version of Home & Student or something, and then individually, or all at once a newer version of Office is installed. I have had success removing the newest installation. Then removing the pre-installed version (Note: Be sure Restore/Recovery DVDs are created per manufacturer specs, once removed you will not get it back without them). After a cold restart, reinstalling the newer version should resolve this.

3. teachingwiz

I have Office 2007 and 2010 installed in my computer. Before posting my problem, I had tried to repair and uninstall the 2010 version. It wouldn't uninstall itself. I have the 2010 DVD installation disk, but not the 2007 version. Excuse my ignorance, but I forgot how to make a restore/recovery DVD. I had also tried "repairing" the 2010 version. That didn't work either. So, what should I do? Thank you very much for your help.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    The problem you are having is caused by you using one version and the next time you use the other version.

I would uninstall both and then install only the one version you are going to use.

5. Lucky09

Lucky09

I agree with installing just one of them. Another topic though, about the Recovery Disc. Creating one may be vary depending on the brand. Inside Windows, there should be a program how to do that. Try typing Recovery at the search field and it should give you the Recovery Disc Creation Program. Just run it and follow the on screen instructions.

Note: You can only do the creation once so it is advisable to make the best at first attempt. Not a really a must but here are some suggestions for best quality created recovery disc.
    - Use Branded Tier 1 type of Disc for best quality
    - DVD+R is recommended since it is more robust and reliable
    - It uses high CPU usage so better not to run any other program that might interrupt the creation.

Cheers

6. teachingwiz

I typed "recovery" like you said. It came up with "File recovery for Windows." Is that what I want?

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    The Recover disks are for recovering the OS not Office.

Some will make a image of the complete disk at the time of imaging, which then can be restored back to that point in time.

I have never heard of a Office Recovery disk.

8. s1l3nced

s1l3nced

Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't he supposed to be typing "backup" and running the "Backup and Restore" feature? Anyhow, if this is the case... Click on Start > type in the search bar... "backup" then click "Backup and Restore" (Windows 7) > In the window click "Set up backup" (Right side of window) > Select the appropriate backup destination (CD/DVD, External Hard Drive, Flash Drive, etc). I'm not sure if this is what the other person meant when they suggested typing "recovery" in search

9. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

teachingwiz. For your system recovery disk, do a google like 'create dell latitude' or 'create hp pavillion' - from that info you should see Recovery Disks as an option for pretty much any system out there to get the instructions you need to follow. Just me - I recommend making 2 sets when you create it.
    If you need to back up data, music, whatever, be sure to take the time to do that carefully and even write a list to work from if your data is important to you. Many times there is a rush to get the recovery done at the expense of the backup. There is no going back too fix it later.
    The system recovery will make the Office uninstall issue a moot point, so after uou are back up and running, you can remove the Office you do not want, and reinstall the other clean.

10. Lucky09

Lucky09

It should say Recovery Disc Creation. If your PC has been reformatted before not by using its own Recovery kit and Recovery partition, then most likely you don't have that program anymore for recovery disc creation.

11. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

It could be due to certain component not fully installed.
    So say if when you launched outlook and get this error, go and do a change install to make sure outlook is "fully installed in harddisk".

12. teachingwiz

I'm still having the same issues. I only tried to uninstall the 2010 version of Office, but it wouldn't completely uninstall. I still have the disk and the key for that version. I don't have the 2007 version. I think the problem has to do with shortcuts in the start up menu. I followed someone's advice, but it was just a temporary fix. I wish I could find those instructions again, because it worked for opening the programs, but not for opening specific files within those programs (e.g., Word and Excel documents)...at least for a while. Btw, I've had both Office 2007 and 2010 installed on my PC for a long time. I never had this problem before.

13. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

You should install 2007 first then 2010 (but don't override old version)

14. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!