1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Welcome Marlene's niece, Sarah, and share your memories of our Angel

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by valley, Jul 17, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. valley

valley Thread Starter

I have had two wonderful phone conversations with Marlene's niece Sarah in the last hour. This is the girl that took my name and phone number on Saturday...LOL...here I was so intimidated at the time. What a beautiful person and so much like Marlene.

Anyways...Sarah will be joining TSG tonight as soon as possible. I just got off the phone with her. I dont know her username yet but she will let us know when she arrives and she can keep us posted on whats going on with Mar's funeral. She did not know much of Mar's online dealings and is a bit emotional right now so lets make sure she feels welcomed. She is going to be reading lots of Mar's threads...if you have any special memories of fun times with Mar..please give her a link to them so she can show her mom (Marlene's twin sister) and they all can enjoy them.

Sarah....we welcome you to Tech Support Guy with open arms and all of the love that we have for you and your family. :)

*hugs* <---that hug sign by the way was one of Marlene'e trademark ways to say goodbye...

2. valley

valley Thread Starter

yeah well...I spelled the word "Please" wrong in the title...a little shaky here. :eek:

3. help4me

help4me

Wonderful to have Sarah here :)

Sarah, I am Bonnie. I chatted with Marlene quite often in the fire pit . I'll go and search for some of my favorite posts Marlene made. She made such a difference to me.

Anyway....Welcome to TSG :)

*HUGS*

Bonnie

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I fixed it Val ;)

5. katonca

katonca

Hi Sarah,

My name is Dave. I'd like to say that your Aunt Marlene was one special lady and a dear friend.

Welcome :)

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Sarah, Welcome to your Aunt Marlene's "other family". ;)

My name is Scott. Most just call me Skivvy though.

7. valley

valley Thread Starter

Thanks Candy...I was telling Sarah that you were the only one that I knew of who had more posts than Marlene. She got a kick out of that. I also told her that we joked about her being called "Angelize Live at Five"...it made her laugh. :)

8. iltos

iltos

Hi Sarah....welcome to tsg :)
    your aunt left a lot of wonderful memories scattered in these forums....as you get to know folks, you'll find how much of herself she gave to so many, and why she will be remembered for so long.

9. izme

izme

Welcome to TSG Sarah!! :)

So glad to have you here ;)

If you are anything like Marlene, you will fit right in here :D

Everyone calls me Fish or Stephen

><">

10. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

Hi Sarah and welcome to TSG, I don't think you're going to have to spend much time wandering the threads in here to see that your aunts words touched many people deeply and spread a warmth that touched all corners of the globe.

11. dts73

dts73

Welcome Sarah,

I'm Kev, or dts it don't matter. I'm pretty brand new myself. And If I can let you know just how cool everyone is around here and how warm people are toward one another, You'll love it kiddo. See you around..(y)

12. Greytabby

Greytabby Account Closed

hello sarah... welcome to the world of tsg... your aunt marlene was wonderful in more ways then i can type here. i loved her sense of humor... (see the swear word thread..LOL) (no swear words, so safe for the God fearing.) :D :p ;) i firmly believe in the bibles resurrection hope and hope one day to meet marlene in Gods kingdom. Gods will be done.
    with loving hugs...
    greytabby (kat)
    :) :D :p ;)

13. dotty999

dotty999

First Name:
    Dotty
    Welcome Sarah!
    it's so nice to have you here, your Aunt Marlene was a very special person to one and all, I know you will soon find out just how special she was as we all share our thoughts and stories with you.I forgot to say! I'm Dotty from the UK *HUGS* :)

14. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Hi, Sarah! I've known Marlene since 2004, and she was unfailingly kind and honest. She could get angry with the best of them, lol, but never held onto it and was always ready to forgive. She was the TSG welcoming committee, and had knowledge about the life here at TSG and the members that no one, and I mean no one, else had. Whenever we needed information on anything to do with TSG, we would call for Marlene's "spreadsheet." :D She wrote the community column in the newsletter and always kept us all updated on any downtime or maintenance scheduled.

She was constantly pushing the "report" button on spammers, those who violated the rules, and any other threads that needed attention. This place will not be nearly as organized at times without Marlene. We've all sorted depended on her. :eek:

Her humour, her sparkle, her light made this place brighter, made many of us better people because we didn't want to hurt Angelize (her screen name) or have her disappointed in us.

She was a lamp unto our feet, and a light unto our paths.

Oh, darn......*wipes eyes*.........gotta go .......... :eek:

15. RT

RT

Hi Sarah,

I'll call you Sarah for short, OK? :D

I just want to welcome you and say
    Please don't be afraid :)

It might feel like we're ganging up on you or something, wanting something from you...
    it's OK just ignore most everyone :)

Post as you feel and when you want, there's no pressure...

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice