1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pleasssssse sum1 help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by steelers43, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steelers43

steelers43 Thread Starter

this is really starting to upset me:confused: i have recently learned some HTML/XHTML,and i have gotten pretty good at manual coding((i dont use frontpage or any other software i am doing the coding using wordpad until i get an expert understanding of how it all is put together ))

The problem is when i upload the HTML codes to my webserver or just view them in IE 6.0 there is alot of crazy stuff like"/par and a lot of other weird stuff that ruines my webpages" can sum1 please tell me how to get rid of it and what it is???????i have no clue and i am confuseddddddd

any help would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks

2. Chicon

Chicon

Hi steelers43,

Welcome to TSG ! :)

You should check the symetry of the tags in your HTML coding.
    Each tag must begin with <some_tag> and end with </some_tag>.
    Also, a tag X started within a tag Y must be closed inside the tag Y.

3. AGCurry

AGCurry

Yeah, I think chicon is right. As admirable as it is to write the code the old-fashioned way, you WILL make mistakes, and the weird stuff you're seeing is, well, from mistakes.

My favorite HTML editor - and it's low-tech - is Netscape Composer. You can work in WYSIWYG or pure-text HTML mode, or both.

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

You need to save your files in plain-text format, pasting them into Notepad is probably the easiest way.

5. AGCurry

AGCurry

Ah, yes. I see now that you were using wordpad. Wordpad is NOT a plain text editor!

6. covert215

covert215 Banned

go steelers :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice