1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plese Help. Updates not installing?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cnelson04, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cnelson04

cnelson04 Thread Starter

Hey guys, i have windows on automatic updates and today when i went to install updates it seamed to work fine but now, it says i never updated and it just keeps redownloading the same thing.. i've installed at lease 3 times and still the same updates say need to be installed any ideas why? thx. -cnelons. :)

2. moper

moper

KB319109
    Its a little outdated, but may work. Be sure to heed the warning about backing up the registry. If you are not sure, don't do it.

moper

3. Christia

Christia

I'm not going to lie, I strongly recomend you turn off Automatic WIndows Update and download things manually from the Windows Update Website. Automatic Updates has a problem with redownloading the same thing over and over at timesl (Which is exactly what caused me to turn off Windoows Update in the first place because it kept trying to install Windows Server Pack 2 and when I first downloaded it, it just caused problems, problems, so I just used System restore to get rid of SP2 and turned off WIndows Updates because the update to download SP2 kept constantly coming up and taking up major computer space and even though I said no, and tried to exit out, it just came back three seconds later and...)

You know what? Ix-nay that. Follow the following instructions:

Short Solution:
    Turn off Automatic updates and go to the Windows Update site and download your updates manually, I'd suggest ONE at a time, because sometimes doing more than one screws up the downloads in odd ways, not sure why, but it does. Also, remember, if it asks you to restart your computer, restart it right away. If you have a firewall like Zone Alarm, I would suggest turning the Firewall off while downloading the updates. If you continue to have problems, please reply back. Thanks :)

4. cnelson04

cnelson04 Thread Starter

Thankz for the help, after a restart everything seamed to be working good. thx. :) -cnelson.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice