Plex PC Server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fkhairi97

Hello,

I'm trying to build a PC server mainly for PMS (Plex Media Server). I don't really know how it gonna works but whatever it is, I need to have the PC build first.

I have tried looking for NAS, supported system are over my budget.

So here I'm asking for build suggestion that cost 250USD below. What I need are it need to be small, maybe mini ITX and upgradeable components.

Oddba11

Jim
Don't know that you will build anything new at that price range. Any PC can be used as a Plex Server. The number and quality of the streams will dictate the cpu requirements.

fkhairi97

Exactly, I'm also not planning on buying new parts except maybe for HDD.

I don't really know about quality but I convert my bluray disc to mkv. for streaming, most of the time, only from 1 device at a time, the highest it can be is from 3 devices simultaneously.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online