1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

plllease

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rne783, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rne783

rne783 Thread Starter

Plleeease someone help me this time. I have asked this question 3 times. Here goes again-

I recently installed a wireless router. I now have two computers to the internet. One was originally connected before the router, and AIM worked fine. Now, both are connected, and both are having AIM problems. I have not yet been able to stay connected to AIM, or even got on. Most of the time I will get as far as "starting services" then a box appears reading: "Your buddy list and icons are not available at this time, but are not lost. Try again later" And once in a while i can get on for maybe 15 minutes, then it closes out. After that, I can not sign on with that same name for a few days. What is going on here? Some people have told me to just wait it out, and i have. I've had this wireless router for over a week. What should I do? Please someone help. In the meantime, I have installed Trillian to communicate, but I really want AIM back. My internet explorer works fine, everything is working fine except AIM. What could have caused this and what can I do?

2. zeddy

zeddy

Just a query - you are not trying to log into AIM on two separate computers with the same account at the same time?

3. rne783

rne783 Thread Starter

No, I have multiple names, and my brother has his. I have uninstalled AIM and then reinstalled it a few times. Nothing seems to work. Both computers are having this same problem. What do you think?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice