1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plox help a lady out?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by WillbreakmyPC, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillbreakmyPC

WillbreakmyPC Thread Starter

>turned on laptop
    >error pop up about log in screen
    >didnt read, clicked "X"
    >screen blacked out, computer still on
    >turned off and back on twice
    >though it would help somehow to take out battery?
    >nope!

Computer will turn on and go through the motions of start up, but when the log in screen should come up it black screens on me. It doesn't shut off though...? Just goes black. So beyond that I can't even get in to tell you what is wrong and I can't get the pop up back that said what the problem was.

If it helps you at all I have a Dell Inspiron M5030 and I'm still using Windows 7.

Help me?

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum
    Please:
    run this forum's sys info utility; paste the results in a reply at this thread
    http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Please try to reproduce the display of the error message.

When did the problem begin? Sometimes the exact date is important.

What changed? A hardware or software install or removal; update to W7 [ check the update history ], a program [ anti malware or other ]?

If you haven't booted to "safe mode", wait. Boot to last known good configuration. If that doesn't fix it, boot to safe mode & report the results.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice