1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pls HELP with Sound!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ukes, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ukes

Ukes Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am having problems with my sound. I have Aopen AK77-333 motherboard which uses Realtek ALC650 audio-chip.

The sound is working but it is REALLY distorted crackly noise instead. I've downloaded the lastest realtek AC97 drivers.
    I've also noticed that the realtek Sound Manager program disappears from the task bar and Control Panel as well.
    I recently re-installed Windows XP, besides I am using WMP9 with SRS Circle Surround plug in. I also installed all available updates for windows.
    Before the Windows-reinstall, it was working just fine!

Any ideas why this is happening??

Thanks in Advance!

2. Dan O

Dan O

I recommend you go into Device Manager and delete all audio devices and reboot. Windows will re-discover the sound card and prompt you. Then select have disk and point it to where you have the latest drivers.

Good luck.

3. Ukes

Ukes Thread Starter

I just tried that Dan, and as a result it did not get better, still the same, even more the driver tha windows found and then downloaded appears to be limited, some configuration are completely missing and/or wrong.

Any othe solutions?

4. Dan O

Dan O

5. Ukes

Ukes Thread Starter

I did selected a disk option and i installed A3.63. The problem is that it plays and it works but sound is still not like it was. I checked all possible options. I could not find any problems.

May be i have a problem with ears :)) But it sounds not like it sounded before, plus I always set to " sound effect" to "Living room" whenever i reboot, it is setting itself back to "none"

6. Dan O

Dan O

Have you checked Device Manager and made sure the Realtek ALC650 is the only active device? If you find others or extras options not needed select and disable them, as they may be competing for resources.

Good luck.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice