Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pls HELP with Sound!!

664 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Dan O 
#1 ·
Hi,
I am having problems with my sound. I have Aopen AK77-333 motherboard which uses Realtek ALC650 audio-chip.

The sound is working but it is REALLY distorted crackly noise instead. I've downloaded the lastest realtek AC97 drivers.
I've also noticed that the realtek Sound Manager program disappears from the task bar and Control Panel as well.
I recently re-installed Windows XP, besides I am using WMP9 with SRS Circle Surround plug in. I also installed all available updates for windows.
Before the Windows-reinstall, it was working just fine!

Any ideas why this is happening??

Thanks in Advance!

#3 ·
Dan O said:
I recommend you go into Device Manager and delete all audio devices and reboot. Windows will re-discover the sound card and prompt you. Then select have disk and point it to where you have the latest drivers.

Good luck.
I just tried that Dan, and as a result it did not get better, still the same, even more the driver tha windows found and then downloaded appears to be limited, some configuration are completely missing and/or wrong.

Any othe solutions?

#5 ·
I did selected a disk option and i installed A3.63. The problem is that it plays and it works but sound is still not like it was. I checked all possible options. I could not find any problems.

May be i have a problem with ears :)) But it sounds not like it sounded before, plus I always set to " sound effect" to "Living room" whenever i reboot, it is setting itself back to "none"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.