1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pls help - XP/MCE will not detect my SATA RAID drive

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KolaKube, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KolaKube

KolaKube Thread Starter

Hi there,:D

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?:confused:

Winows MCE install won't detect my RAID set up stating it can't find a hard drive to install too.

The story so far....

* I have downloaded the latest RAID drivers to floppy for my Asus A8N SLI Premium direct from the Asus web site and then made the floppy disk.
    * I have enabled all Nvidia RAID options in the BIOS
    * At POST I pressed F10 to enable Nvidia RAID screen and create a RAID 0 array with 64k data ect ect (beign able to press F10 proves you have RAID in the BIOS set up or as far as I know you won't get the F10 option).
    * After configuring RAID via the step above windows POST screens detect my two raptors together and state they are healthy.

* MCE then goes all the way through to the part press F6 and load the RAID driver from floppy.
    * Driver loads from floppy and displays a screen where you can instal XP, repair XP or Quit.
    * I select Instal XP and am told it cant find a hard drive and so quits out.

Ive tried this 'install loop' many times and can't think of what else to do.

Has any of you XP/MCE techs got any ideas? anything at all??

It would be greatly appreciated.;)

KolaKube

2. KolaKube

KolaKube Thread Starter

Bump - anyone at all?? :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/502136

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice