Pls Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wormzer

When I boot up my machine it gives me an error message saying that java is not working properly. The only problem I really notice is when I try to do certain tasks on the internet I get promted "need to be system administrator" even though I am. Here is where the problem lies, when I go to download an updated version of java it says I can not update because I am not the administrator? I look under control panel everything is set up properly under "users" and I have access to all the adminstration tools. I recieve this admin error quite often when web pages try to run active X, I cant view movies on netflix, and have problems installing new programs. This is really driving me crazy any help would be much appreciated. When I boot up in safe mode it gives me two users to log on as, administrator and "Owner" which is the only user account I have set up. It does not give me the option to log on as administrator on a normal boot, just in safemode. Very very frustrating! Also when I look under documents and settings I can not access the "Owner" file, and the only one I can access is a file called Owner.YOUR-FSYLOTWN, which I have no idea how it got there. I tried using a link on the microsoft page to reset security settings but to no avail. Any advice?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 'Administrator' account is only available in Safe Mode in XP Home.

Create a new user account (adminstrator type-not the same as Administrator), log on under the new account, and see if you can update your Java. Make sure after you download the Java installation program to uninstall all old versions of Java, and delete the Java folder in C:\Program Files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online