1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plug and Play AudioDrive(WDM)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Trtlgrl2_78, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trtlgrl2_78

Trtlgrl2_78 Thread Starter

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Looking for some tips. I don't know much about technical issues.

My question is...when I open my device manager and under sound, video and game controllers. There are three things listed there...(1) ES1868 Control Interface(WDM) (2)ES1868 Plug and Play Audio Drive (WDM) and (3)Gameport Joystick. The second one has and exclamation point surrounded by yellow. I've removed it and let the computer redetect it and it still comes up with the error. I tried the update driver option to fix the problem but that doesn't work either. When I highlight it and go to properties under device status it reads The NTKERN.VXD, MMDEVLDR.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver. (code 2)

Can anyone help me fix this?

I have no sound on my computer right now, I'm wondering if it has to do with this.

I also just purchased a Veo Stingray Web Camera, and it is not working...could that error be a part of the problem with it? I am clueless. The software and drivers are installed for it, but I don't think the computer it detecting that it is connected. I just have no idea. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

2. brianF

brianF

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    In device manager is there a Section for Universal Serial Bus Controller (USB)? If it is not listed, then the USB may be disabled in the BIOS and you may have to enable the USB there.

Also what version of Windows are you using? If 98, is it First Edition or Second?

Regarding the Soundcard, you may need to download and install new drivers for it. Try here: http://www.esstech.com/techsupp/drivers.shtm#isa

4. Trtlgrl2_78

I'm using windows 98 SE, there is a section for USB Controllers in the device manager. We put the USB Card in the computer and today I actually uninstalled it and reinstalled to make sure it was installed correctly.

Okay to DL new drivers...where do I save them to?

5. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

save them wherever you like, just don't forget where that is. then when your in device manager, and you tell it to search for new drivers for the device, tell it to look in the drive where you saved it, and it should automatically see it and install it

6. Trtlgrl2_78

Okay, now I have an exclamation point next to all three things listed there...and it keeps saying insert disk labeled "driver disk" I don't have a disk labeled driver disk!!!! Someone please help! What did I do???

7. brianF

brianF

did you unzip the driver package before trying to update

Q: How do I install the audio driver I download from ESS website?

A: After unzipping the driver package to a location in your hard disk, try to find the Install Shield bundled with it (Setup.exe or ESSetup.exe). Execute Setup and follow the instruction to install the driver.
    Or you can open Device Manager, which is from System icon in Control Panel. Find the audio or modem device you would like to install/upgrade, double click on it or open its Properties, click on "Update Driver…" button and direct the location prompt to the drive/directory where you stored the unzipped driver package. Plug and Play function of Windows will do the rest.

If you never load any device driver for the audio device in your system, it may appears as an unknown device or device with exclamation mark in Device Manager. You can still use Reinstall driver or Update driver in its Properties page and follow above steps to install your driver.

8. Trtlgrl2_78

I got it, or at least I have sound again! Thanks!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice