Plugged in my Zeepad to TCL TV - TV screen now blank

Award

I plugged my Zeepad tablet in my TCL TV USB port (do not know which version of the TV it is but not a Roku - it is a much older version) .

The Zeepad indicated it was charging.

I was trying to get the Zeepad to play through the TV but it was not working.

I tried to do so by clicking on USB on the remote control of the TV.

Then I tried to choose to play music, movie then automatic play on the menu that appeared on the TV.

That did not work.

I turned off the tv without plugging out the Zeepad to see if that would work.

When I turned back on the TV the screen had a slight bluish cast but the red TCL logo did not appear.

When I turn on the TV I can hear that it is on but there is no video.

What is the solution to the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The TV's USB port most like is only capable of playing audio, video, and photo files stored on a USB flash drive plugged into the port.

Can you use the TV's remote control to change its input source to the cable/satellite box or antenna to restore normal viewing?

Award

The TV's USB port most like is only capable of playing audio, video, and photo files stored on a USB flash drive plugged into the port.

Can you use the TV's remote control to change its input source to the cable/satellite box or antenna to restore normal viewing?
Thank you for the quick reply.

I cannot use the TV remote to change its input source to the cable/satellite box or antenna to restore normal viewing.

I tried pressing TV on the remote control and it does not work. Usually this would change the screen to the normal TV channel.

I tried pressing Source on the remote control but this did not work either.

When I connect my Zeepad to the TV it still charges the tablet.

I wonder if the Zeepad affected the electrical circuits of the TV.

I would like to restore factory settings.

I tried unplugging the TV for at least five minutes. This did not work.

I also unplugged the TV and then pressed the power button for one minute. This did not work.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I found some black screen reset information for TCL TVs on various sites, but they all seem to be for Roku version models. What is the exact model number of your TV?

EDIT: I did find one set of instructions that may work for a non-Roku TCL TV.

1) Disconnect everything except the power cord.

2) Turn the TV off using the front panel button and continue to hold the button in for one minute.

3) Connect one HDMI source that is outputting video.

4) Turn on the TV.

Award

I found some black screen reset information for TCL TVs on various sites, but they all seem to be for Roku version models. What is the exact model number of your TV?

2) Turn the TV off using the front panel button and continue to hold the button in for one minute.

4) Turn on the TV.
Thanks.

I am not sure of the exact model number of the TV.

Unfortunately I don't have a HDMI cable.

I have to purchase one later in the month.

My TV in this case has a side panel button.

If it is convenient for you, the black screen reset information for TCL TVs for Roku version models would be much appreciated.

I looked for this information and tried some of the suggestions.

You are very helpful.

Award

4) Turn on the TV.
I found the Model Number at the back of the TV: L29B340

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Here are TCL's instructions for resetting their Roku models when there is no on-screen menu to do the reset.

https://support.tcl.com/rokutv-comm...ss-the-factory-reset-option-on-my-tcl-roku-tv

I have seen videos of people having the same issues with their TCL TVs and having various degrees of success unplugging the TV power for various lengths of time, plugging it in, and turning it on. Then repeating the process a few times if normal operation does not return.

Award

Here are TCL's instructions for resetting their Roku models when there is no on-screen menu to do the reset.

https://support.tcl.com/rokutv-comm...ss-the-factory-reset-option-on-my-tcl-roku-tv

I have seen videos of people having the same issues with their TCL TVs and having various degrees of success unplugging the TV power for various lengths of time, plugging it in, and turning it on. Then repeating the process a few times if normal operation does not return.
Grateful for the information.

I tried turning off the switch at the back of the TV (that has a 0 and 1) when the TV was plugged in and then turning it back on.

That did not work.

Now when I turn on the TV the screen keeps getting bluer but I can still hear the introductory song.

The screen was black and flickering a little before.

I have plugged out the TV and the Zeepad.

I will keep the TV and Zeepad plugged out for days to see if it resets itself.

I tried to correct the problems with the Zeepad plugged out.

I will not be plugging the Zeepad into the TV again.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort.

Award

Did you ever disconnect the Zeepad from the USB port?
Thanks for your reply.

I disconnected the Zeepad from the USB port.

I tried turning off the switch at the back of the TV (that has a 0 and 1) when the TV was plugged in and then turning it back on.

That did not work.

Now when I turn on the TV the screen keeps getting bluer but I can still hear the introductory song.

The screen was black and flickering a little before.

I have plugged out the TV and the Zeepad.

I will keep the TV and Zeepad plugged out for days to see if it resets itself.

I tried to correct the problems with the Zeepad plugged out.

I will not be plugging the Zeepad into the TV again.

Your help is much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts