1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plugged in not charging

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by brendie, May 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brendie

brendie Thread Starter

I have replaced the battery, updated the drivers and my dell E6410 with Windows Professional stopped charging the battery. I even removed and replaced the battery and still is not charging the battery.

2. kenbok51

kenbok51

If you have an external charger is there any way you can check to see if it's putting out the proper voltages? Proper charging requires both a good battery and a good charger. If the charger is failing that might explain why the new battery didn't help. I personally have an ohm meter I can use when checking stuff like that. If you know someone who has one and knows how to use it, they can check the charger for proper voltage for you. Its usually listed somewhere on the case.

3. brendie

brendie Thread Starter

Thank you for the advice got it and had it done. It was the charger and not the battery.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice