1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plugged, not charging. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 win 10

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoJo827, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoJo827

JoJo827 Thread Starter

Laptop is about 2 years old just started getting "plugged not charging" on battery, followed all instructions on line etc., bought new charger and new battery updated all drives updated BIOS etc still getting "plugged not charging". Please help. Am using PCMatic for security and Dell Assistant with not resolve.
    I have tried everything, I mean everything.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi JoJo827, and welcome to TSG.

It sounds like you may have the same problem as this thread dealing with a different Dell model laptop. I don't know at this point if your model has a separate power jack cable or if the jack is directly attached to the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/...ont-recharge-unless-laptop-shut-down.1197628/

EDIT: If you can give us the Service Tag number of your laptop, we can determine the full and exact model number and hopefully determine if your power jack is on a cable or directly on the motherboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice