1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plumbing: Clogged drain pipe of Washing Machine

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Cosmos2011, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cosmos2011

Cosmos2011 Thread Starter

Hi:
    Recently, when drain-cycle started, there is a leak coming from the bottom of the Washing Machine. I called G.E. tech and he informed me there is a clog inside the 'drain pipe' that connected to the washing machine.

He told me he can do the job, but he has no proper tool to make it unclogged. Also, it's not under the cover of its warranty.

At the local hardware store, the salesperson advised me 'pour liquid drain-cleaner.' However, I'm not really decided yet.:(

Your suggestion and imputs on this would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

I'm not sure I understand exactly where the leak is. Can you see it?

I wouldn't use any toxic chemicals (like lye or hydrochloric acid) on a leak unless I knew exactly where it was and exactly where the substance was going to go, before and after.

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Do you have one of those high efficiency ("He") washers that spins at insanely high speed during the drain/spin cycle, and is more than a couple of years old? Could be the bearings going out, as happened with my Whirlpool Cabrio washer. Cost to replace the part was about $250 for DIY repair.

4. getthecansout

getthecansout

You said the bottom of the washing machine leaks?
    UNPLUG ELECTRICS to isolate it as water is involved and electric doesnt mix.
    At the back of the washing machine there is a flexable pipe which is inserted into the drain.
    MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BUCKET READY.
    take this pipe out and put the end into the bucket.
    You now need to LOWER the end of this pipe to the ground so tip the bucket keeping the pipe straight and end in bucket.
    You need to look at the back of washing machine and see where the pipe comes out of it.you have to get the other end lower than the this which is called gravity feed. is the water coming out?
    If not the blockage could be in the machine.
    look at the bottom of machine is there a round "plug" which you unscrew?
    it could be behind a panel that unclips at the front bottom of machine (like a kicker board)
    you need lots of towels, pack around this plug as when you unscrew it water will pour out.
    inside is a fan check there isnt clothing in there like socks or bra bones. As this cant pump water out.
    Dry everything up and try your washing machine again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice