1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plumbing Issues

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by pshelby, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pshelby

pshelby Thread Starter

Ok, so here is my issue that I am having... We purchased a house a few months ago that was built in 1972. The septic tank and leach lines were replaced maybe 5 years ago... We started having issues with the plumbing. What is happening is the toilet will start gurgling and then the shower and toilets will fill up with water... We thought it must be a clog in the main drain lines... We had a plumber come and snake the line both ways. That seemed to do the trick... but, 2 weeks later it started doing the same thing. We had the plumber come back out and do the same thing... this time, we went down both toilets and shower... He didn't feel anything blocking the line, but it started working again... Now 2 weeks later AGAIN it's doing the same exact thing! I need Help!
    Could this just be a roof vent issue??? But I would think that if it was a venting issue, if you took the clean out top off, it would release the air pressure and allow it to flow... am I wrong? Somebody please HELP!!!

2. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Welcome to the forum!

I am by no stretch a plumber. But since you're plumbing issues are affecting the entire system (as opposed to say, one toilet) I would suggest starting more downstream where the septic line leaves the house.

If the plumber is any good, they should be able to snake the lines and see if roots or something else is affecting the line.

3. pshelby

pshelby Thread Starter

They already snaked it both ways... they went from the house all the way to the tank, and from the cleanouts outside the house almost all the way to the toilets...
    I just don't know what else to do than to check the vent and get a camera and run it through the lines...

4. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Air vent pipe could be clogged by something like a bird or what ever

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  5. cornemuse

cornemuse

Is your house/system on flat ground? What kind of soil?

6. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Yea. I guess I should have been more specific. My fault. It sounds like there is something causing issues with drainage; that may/ may not get caught when they clean out the line. A root is a good example. So if it was my system, I would be checking about getting some picture taken of it. At least it will help narrow things down.

7. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

I agree with 2twenty2. Sounds like there is a vent issue. Barring that, a good plumber would also have a camera system they can drop into the sewage/waste pipe and get a visual on what is going on.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214213

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice