1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plumbing question

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by katonca, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. katonca

katonca Thread Starter

Couple of years ago I had a "Legend Valve" (T-550, 1/4 turn, anti-siphon, frost-proof sillock) faucet installed on the outside of my home.

It worked just fine for the first 1-1/2 year. I went out and tried the faucet the other day and only got a trickle of water from the it (I made sure the water was turned on to the faucet). Also, my basement during the winter is about 55-60 degrees so I doubt the pipe is froze. Does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, I'd first go into the basement and check if it's leaking inside the basement! I had a similar "frost proof" valve, and it froze and split the pipe inside the basement. When I turned it on to do some watering, I noticed that I was getting less pressure, it was spraying all over the basement!

Remember, while it might be warm in the basement, the cold could be conducted from the outside. I don't know where you live, but I'm in SE-PA, it really doesn't get all that cold here, though that winter we did have some sub-zero nights.

3. n2gun

n2gun

Another possibility is the faucet is not opening when turned on. if it is an outside faucet, try taking it off the pipe then turn on the valve,

4. katonca

katonca Thread Starter

Thanks

5. radspanner

radspanner

hi ...sometimes its possible for the washer to come off the jumper so you turn on the tap, the washer stays in place, and nothing comes out of the spout, its easy peasy to fix!!! you just take off the top part of the tap (im english so we dont say faucet) and then prise the old washer out with something thin, then put on a new washer. 10 mins at most even if you stop half way through for tea and biccys

BTW turn the water off first,to avoid nasty floods...

6. katonca

katonca Thread Starter

Well folks, I decided to bail on the problem and replaced the faucet....solved

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/564949