1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pluscom Mass Storage Device Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JacquelineD, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JacquelineD

JacquelineD Thread Starter

Can anybody help me please?

I have recently bought a Pluscom 2.5 IDE TO USB HDD ENCLOSURE

There appears to be an Hitachi hard drive inside. Sorry if I am not explaining this very well.

When I plug in the two USB leads from the mass storage device into my Sony VAIO (Windows Vista Home Premium) the Pluscom device does not appear in My Computers. I bought a power lead and tried connecting the Pluscom device to the computer again, but still nothing. Two red lights appear at the end of the Pluscom device, but apart from that, nothing else happens.

How can I get this device to work? It is really bugging me now as I have wasted many hours trying all sorts of solutions, but to no avail.

Please Help!!! Blonde in Distress!!!!

2. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

Hj Blonde in Distress when this sort of thing has happened to me it usually turns out the ide lead has been incorrectly plugged in the red lights indicate a fault.Its usually only necessary to plug in the thick usb lead.Check the ide lead for bent pins and try reconnecting.

3. JacquelineD

JacquelineD Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the lead and there does not appear to be anything wrong with it.

Any other suggestions?

4. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

Sorry,there are'nt many possibilities the drive the lead or the usb socket,good luck with it

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice