1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

plz advise software.....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by zombienation, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zombienation

zombienation Thread Starter

hi there

I have a 20gig HD that im selling right i want to securly wipe the hard drive. cause i used online credit cards online with this drive.

thanks

XP 2600+
    512meg
    120gig hd
    xp pro

2. wizzkid

wizzkid

3. starman2002

starman2002

If you're selling your pc and you want to wipe all data off it you might want to try this product...I've used it and it works very well you can find it here http://www.iolo.com/ds/

4. suesman

suesman

Reformating is like locks. It only keeps the honest people out. ;) It doesn't actually remove everything from your HD, I think most people would be absolutely amazed by what they could find on an old HD. :eek:

Ther are some third party proggies that do this tho. The ones already posted look great for it.

5. RSM123

RSM123

6. TOGG

TOGG

Without wishing to give you information overload I recommend you to read this article about how much can be recovered from 'cleaned' or formatted HDD's;http://computer.org/security/v1n1/garfinkel.htm

There is a list of tools that can sanitize a used drive starting on page three (recovery tools on page four)!

7. mobo

mobo

The absolute best utility you can use would be the Maxtor utility seen Here . this utility writes Zeroes to the drive which restores it to its pristine purchase condition.

8. zombienation

zombienation Thread Starter

Ok here goes

I do have evidence eliminator +updates etc and cyberscrub

I installed windows on my computer 16 days ago new hd drives from shop etc

I downloaded a few freeware prgrams,pics to hd then delete the that file. recycle bin etc

Then used above sware with full set of options even run them both 3 times took a few hours but whatever.

Then to see if those programs worked i just used tune up utilities by Tune software. And 2 my surpise all pics + sware were all still there.
    date+drive etc

If those sware are surrposed to work delete all known traces then i wasted my money.

9. TOGG

TOGG

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165651

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice